Cookpad is the largest recipe sharing community in the world and we believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook. Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives. That’s how we want to change the world.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team in defining and delivering high performance digital experiences.
You will be responsible for supporting and advancing Cookpad’s overall strategy of empowering a global audience to have fun in engaging with cooking and the things they love to eat.
In your role, you will lead, inspire, engage and collaborate with a range of colleagues across UX, Engineering, Marketing, Community Management and Partnerships.
What we expect from you
- Be responsible for the creation and delivery of the strategy for your product area. You will be an effective member of the senior leadership team within the Product group and will ensure your area contributes to Cookpad’s broader strategy and goals.
- An obsessive focus on audiences and creating world class digital products that meet and exceed our customer’s needs.
- Set and expect consistently high standards in Product Management practices. This includes analytics, insights and rapid prototyping and testing.
- Be an outstanding team player and are recognised as the leader in your product area.
- Be an effective, consistent, and conscientious communicator. Build strong partnerships with key stakeholders and partners across the business.
- Take a lead role in the planning cycles for your product group ensuring your teams are galvanised around aspirational objectives with clear, quantifiable results.
- Embrace a "buck stops here" attitude. Be an energetic self starter able to work effectively with low levels of direct supervision. You will be expected to contribute effectively to areas outside of your specific responsibility including special projects or substituting for the Director of Product when required.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate several years experience in:
Strategic thinking and product development excellence
- Translating a business strategy into successful strategies across a portfolio of consumer facing products including mobile.
- Leading teams applying insight informed product development. You can cite clear, multiple examples of how you’ve synthesised audience needs from market research, customer insights, analytics, and competitive insights to deliver successful products in partnership with UX and engineering. You will be experienced in working in an Agile environment.
- Thinking obsessively about how to drive greater positive impact, and maintaining clear performance metrics and dashboards. You can show how you set objectives and tracked progress against them in transparent, measurable ways.
Leadership & communication skills
- You are able to lead a number of teams and create and maintain an environment of highly motivated and performant teams with a clear focus on measurable outcomes.
- You are a motivated self starter. You do not wait to be asked but are proactive in driving your group forward.
- You have experience in hiring and developing product managers.
- You are effective at creating effective partnerships across a wide range of stakeholders both across the organisation and externally.
- You are organised and able to communicate clearly at an operational level with delivery teams as well as at a strategic level with senior leaders. Professional proficiency in English is required.
Advice for candidates
When we review applications we look for evidence of outcomes that you've delivered. This is more important than simply listing organisations you've worked at or general project descriptions. Here is some guidance to help you stand out.
- When you describe your skills and experience, please align them with the job description.
- Where you describe projects you’ve worked on or led, describe the outcome? How did you measure success?
- If you've managed teams, tell us about it. How big was the team? What was the scope of your work?