Senior iOS Engineer
Cookpad is the world’s largest recipe sharing platform where almost 100 million global users come to enjoy cooking each month in 18+ languages. Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun.
Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives.
People join us because they share our vision to improve people’s lives.Today we are helping over 90 million people a month and as far as we’re concerned, we’ve barely got started. If you want to work on a product making a global impact then we want to hear from you.
Uniquely, we have a mature product in Japan but, in the global market-space, we are a startup team looking to the future. We hire the best people who thrive working in small, highly collaborative, and energised international teams, Design and user experience is at the heart of everything we do.
What we are looking for:
Our team of international engineers, collaborate, experiment and put forward innovative ideas. We want talented iOS engineers who we can learn from, who demonstrate great insight and really understand core issues, and who can develop innovative solutions that move our team forward. Practically this will involve:
- Participating in all phases of development, from design to implementation, testing, and release of new user-facing features.
- Investigate and resolve performance issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies
- Writing clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping
- Extensive experience in iOS development.
- Proficiency with the iOS tech stack including Swift and Cocoa
- Deep insights and experience working directly with users
- Previous native app development experience
- Understanding of CS principles and concepts: MVC, OOP, memory management, threading, data structure & algorithms
- Experience working with RESTful server-side APIs
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience using Git and Github
- Experience building adaptive UIs for iPhone/iPad with Auto Layout
- Familiar with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines
- Ability to communicate with multinational members in English
Ideally candidates will be contributors to the open source community via Github, Stackoverflow or by the development and release of Apps to the App store.
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries and benefits you’d expect from a company wanting great people, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution and an exceptional employee referral scheme, plus cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. We keep you going with fresh fruit and delicious edible gifts from visiting team members, days off for charity work and peace of mind with group income protection, life assurance and private medical insurance.
We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
Finally the physical space we are creating for the Bristol team is an amazing, innovative work environment that reflects what we value, who we are and what we do.
Simply put - we like working here and think you will too.
Why work for Cookpad?
Our mission and the scale of what we do
Bristol was named the best place to live in the UK in 2017: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39320118
And made this list too:
At Cookpad we have designed a hiring process that allows your talent to shine:
Screening: Your application and resume will be screened by one of our technical review teams. It helps if we can also view sample code via a Github, Stackoverflow, or BitBucket profile.
Technical assignment: If your experience and skills are a match, you may be asked to undertake a technical assignment or, depending on the role, provide sample code.
Interviews: We usually conduct 2-3 interviews with our top developers and the Cookpad management team . We want to give you the opportunity to find out more about us, as we understand more about your own skills and motivations.