Cookpad is the largest recipe sharing community in the world and we believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook. Everyday home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives. That’s how we want to change the world.
At Cookpad, we're forming a team to focus on our search experience in more than 15 languages. The mission of the Search team is to help every user find their ideal recipe to cook. Our team is responsible for everything from infrastructure, ranking, user experience, and data analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, code, and deliver innovative search experiences on Ruby on Rails and Elasticsearch
- Ranking quality evaluation and data analysis
- Natural language processing for query and contents understanding in multiple languages
- Investigate and resolve performance bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Optimize the code and query execution plan for faster response
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Senior level engineering skills with computer science fundamentals
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby, or Java
- Previous experience with intelligent Information Retrieval (Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene or others)
- Comfortable with the full stack to deliver features from idea to production
- Inquisitive, motivated, and comfortable working with a distributed, multinational team
- Experience with any of the following is nice to have: Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems