Cookpad is the largest recipe sharing community in the world and we believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook. Everyday home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives. That’s how we want to change the world.
At Cookpad, we're forming a team to focus on our search experience in more than 15 languages. The mission of the search team is to help every user find their ideal recipe to cook. Our team is responsible for everything from infrastructure, ranking, user experience, and data analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, code, and deliver innovative search experiences on Ruby on Rails and Elasticsearch
- Ranking quality evaluation and data analysis
- Natural language processing for query and contents understanding in multiple languages
- Investigate and resolve performance bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Optimize the code and query execution plan for faster response
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Senior level engineering skills with computer science fundamentals
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby, or Java
- Previous experience with intelligent Information Retrieval (Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene or others)
- Comfortable with the full stack to deliver features from idea to production
- Inquisitive, motivated, and comfortable working with a distributed, multinational team
- Experience with any of the following is nice to have: Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems
Why join Cookpad?
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries, relocation assistance and benefits you’d expect from a company wanting great people, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution and an exceptional employee referral scheme, plus cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. We keep you going with fresh fruit and delicious edible gifts from visiting team members, days off for charity work and peace of mind with group income protection, life assurance and private medical insurance.
We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
Finally the physical space we are creating for the Bristol team is an amazing, innovative work environment that reflects what we value, who we are and what we do.
Simply put - we like working here and think you will too.
At Cookpad we have designed a hiring process that allows your talent to shine:
Screening: Your application and resume will be screened by one of our technical review teams. It helps if we can also view sample code via a Github, Stackoverflow, or BitBucket profile.
Technical assignment: If your experience and skills are a match, you will be asked to undertake a technical assignment.
Interviews: We usually conduct 2-3 interviews with our top developers and the Cookpad management team. We want to give you the opportunity to find out more about us, as we understand more about your own skills and motivations.