Future Leader Program
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in almost 70 countries.
And we’re only just getting started.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Because we believe that cooking is the key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Our heritage is unique: Cookpad was founded in Japan in 1997 and is a listed company in Tokyo.
Our global HQ is in the UK. In total, we have 10 offices around the world with community managers in a further 15 countries.
Cookpad is growing at speed and we’re looking for exceptional people who make things happen. It takes a certain mix of creativity, ingenuity and crazy to create solutions on the scale we're looking for.
It’s not for everyone. Because of our speed and growth, it can feel chaotic. It's an environment where creators and problem-solvers flourish. We challenge ourselves and each other because this is about something bigger than all of us. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting colleagues.
It feels like a start-up with global ambition. We work in small, collaborative teams and in a creative, fast-paced environment.
What’s it like to work at Cookpad? Visit www.cookpadteam.com to find out more.
- You’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do mindset, happy to roll your sleeves up and make things happen.
- You’re a strong analytical thinker who loves solving challenging problems.
- You are eager to work with the latest technology in a digital-native company (incl. Artificial Intelligence, IoT).
- You are interested in how cooking can have a profound impact on the everyday life of billions of people around the globe and on the planet.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience in an international business context.
- You thrive in a high-pace, fast changing environment.
- You’ve lived or worked overseas before and are ready to work in different countries.
- You are near-native in written and spoken English.
It is an opportunity to get hands-on experience in a fast-growing, mission-driven global tech company. Each placement will be different: you might be working on growth in existing markets or launching in new ones; you might be developing an MVP for a new product.
During the programme, you’ll work closely with country and regional teams. You’ll help with the analysis, come up with pragmatic and sustainable solutions and work with teams to implement them. From day 1, you’ll be making a difference.
The first six months will be based in our global HQ in Bristol in the UK . At least one rotation will be in an international market, probably in Europe or Asia.
After successful completion of the programme, we’ll find the right role for you in the team.
Maybe you’ve worked in a start-up before and love working in an environment where anything is possible. Or maybe you come from a more corporate or consultancy background and are looking for something completely different. We don’t mind what your background is; here are the skills and traits we’re looking for:
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
The benefits we offer are based on how we can best support your personal and professional well-being. We offer competitive salaries and if you need to relocate, we help you every step of the way and provide a relocation package.
What happens next?
We’re building a global product with a global team that’s full of world-class talent. Our hiring process is designed to let your talent shine and for us to get to know each other so we know we’re the right fit.
- When we receive your application, it’s reviewed to see if your experience and skills are a match for what we’re looking for in the role. If they are, one of our Talent team will get in touch for a chat.
- As a next step you will meet multiple members of the country and regional teams to offer you deeper insight into the topics you might be working on and assess if your experience and personality could be a good fit for this role. Some of these interviews will be based on real-life Cookpad case studies. We respect your time so this can happen all in one day or over a couple of visits.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.