Community Manager, Bangladesh
As a Community Manager for Cookpad in Bangladesh, your role will be to help build a user community that people want to be a part of. This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be working remotely.
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in almost 70 countries.
And we’re only just getting started.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Because we believe that cooking is the key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
The choices we make shape our world.
And when we cook, the choices we make have an impact on ourselves, the people we cook for, the growers and producers we buy from and the wider environment.
Cookpad is growing at speed and we’re looking for exceptional people who make things happen. It takes a certain mix of creativity, ingenuity and crazy to create solutions on the scale we're looking for.
It’s not for everyone. Because of our speed and growth, it can feel chaotic. It's an environment where creators and problem-solvers flourish. We challenge ourselves and each other because this is about something bigger than all of us. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting colleagues.
What’s it like to work at Cookpad?
Visit www.cookpadteam.com to find out more.
You will be passionate about Cookpad’s mission to make everyday cooking fun and growing the Cookpad community in Bangladesh. Activities will include:
- Manage user-generated contents applying ‘User-First’ mindset
- Use ‘Build-Measure-Learn’ approach in community retention activities
- Apply 24/7 approach to respond to user feedback and solve user problems
- Work closely with regional lead and product team acting as the bridge between users and product
- Coordinate and post social contents across channels
Is this role for you?
We are looking for people with drive, desire and the know-how to get one step ahead of the need.
You will identify with this role if you:
- are interested in how cooking can have a profound impact on the everyday life of billions of people around the globe and on the planet
- hold a Bachelor's degree in Communications or a related field
- have 3-5 years experience in managing a community on a social platform
- have editorial skills, including copywriting
- have working knowledge of Google Drive
- have strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain good rapport with users through writing, and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- are highly organized and able to multitask
- are a self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment and under extreme uncertainty, while maintaining a positive, proactive and energetic approach
- are willing to travel locally
- have previous work experience in an international team environment
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
What happens next?
We’re building a global product with a global team that’s full of world-class talent. Our hiring process is designed to let your talent shine and for us to get to know each other so we know we’re the right fit.
- When we receive your application, it’s reviewed to see if your experience and skills are a match for what we’re looking for in the role. If they are, one of our Talent team will get in touch for a chat.
- As a next step you will meet multiple members of the country and regional teams to offer you deeper insight into the topics you might be working on and assess if your experience and personality could be a good fit for this role. Some of these interviews will be based on real-life Cookpad case studies.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.