Community Manager, Vietnam
As a Community Manager for Cookpad in Vietnam, your role will be to help build a user community that people want to be a part of. This is a contract position and the successful candidate will be able to work remotely in Ho Chi Minh City.
More about Cookpad
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform for people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Not just because we like food but because we believe that cooking is a key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. By solving the problems related to everyday cooking and encouraging more people to cook, we believe we can help build a better world.
Cookpad started out in Japan in 1997 and is currently the largest recipe sharing community in the world with around 6 million recipes. There are 100 million people on average in over 70 countries with over 30 different languages using Cookpad every month.
Cookpad Vietnam is the Number 1 online platform for cooking lovers in Vietnam with millions of monthly active users. But we’re only just getting started.
Visit www.cookpadteam.com to find out more about us.
More about being a Community Manager
You will be passionate about Cookpad’s mission to make everyday cooking fun, growing the Cookpad community and building an unrivaled platform for every household in Vietnam to share happy cooking experience. This will involve:
- Manage user-generated content applying ‘User-First’ mindset
- Use ‘Build-Measure-Learn’ approach in community activities to engage recipe creators and improve retention
- Apply 24/7 approach to respond to user feedback and solve user problems
- Represent Cookpad brand with authenticity and integrity in every interaction with users and third-parties
- Work closely with regional lead and product team acting as a bridge between users and product
- Coordinate and post social content across channels
Is this role for you?
You will identify with this role if you :
- are interested in how cooking can have a profound impact on the everyday life of billions of people around the globe and on the planet
- hold a Bachelor degree from top schools
- have strong communication skills with the ability to establish a good rapport with users and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- have exceptional writing skills in Vietnamese and a good command of English
- have working knowledge of Google Drive
- are capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment and under extreme uncertainty, while being a self-starter, highly organized and able to multitask
- are willing to travel locally
- have 3-5 years experience in managing community on a social platform, working in a start-up or in an international team environment is a PLUS
What happens next?
Our hiring process is designed to let your talent shine and for us to get to know each other so we know we’re the right fit. When we receive your application, it’s reviewed by Asia team to see if your experience and skills are a match for what we’re looking for in the role. If they are, you will proceed to the first interview. The next step is a trial project to understand about Cookpad and each other’s working styles. The final interview is with Cookpad Vietnam country head.
Why work for Cookpad?
People join us because they share our vision to improve people’s lives. We hire passionate, smart and innovative people who want to make a difference. There is freedom to be innovative and put forward brave ideas. We offer competitive salaries as per market standards.