Head of Data Insight
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in over 70 countries .
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives in an environment that is more sustainable. That’s how we want to change the world.
In 2017 we headquartered our global operations in Bristol and our team has grown 3-fold since then.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to lead our product data & insight team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast growing digital product organisation with large data sets. This is a senior role within the organisation working in close partnership with product and engineering heads to ensure data is at the heart of developing successful consumer products.
You embrace the fast paced and sometimes scrappy world of startups, are focused on creating user value, and have demonstrated success in building, developing and mentoring a data team.
- Build, develop and lead a high performing data insight team
- Build strong partnerships with senior stakeholders across the business and actively contribute to strategic direction and goal setting
- Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to drive product development
- Driving and owning the data strategy and ensuring the right platform and toolset are in place to deliver
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis and drive a culture of testing to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
- Evangelize data best practices across the organisation
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Data Science, Physics or similar field
- Hands on experience with at least one scripting language e.g. Python, R, MATLAB and relevant statistical packages.
- Strong hands on experience with complex SQL. Expert knowledge of Tableau.
- extensive experience in a senior data role for a fast growing digital product organisation where data played a key comparative advantage or was essential to bottom line of the business
- currently managing and leading data teams, including experience in recruitment and team development
- Experience building testing platforms at scale (A/B, multivariate, randomised and stratified controlled testing, predictive analytics etc)
- Experience in delivering long term outcomes in fast changing environment.
- Strong desire to take initiative; thrive on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills
Why work for Cookpad?
People join us because they share our vision to improve people’s lives. We hire smart people who thrive in small, highly collaborative and energised teams, and who look at what we do and want to be part of it.
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries, an employee referral scheme and very generous benefits, including 7% employer pension contribution, income protection and life insurance, and an employee referral scheme. We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.