User Experience Lead
Cookpad is the world’s largest recipe sharing platform where almost 100 million global users come to enjoy cooking each month in 18+ languages.
We believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook. Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier and connects us with our friends and family. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives in an environment that is more sustainable. That’s how we want to change the world.
We’re building our global headquarters in Bristol, and we’re looking for UX practitioners to join the team. People join us because they share our vision to improve people’s lives. We hire smart people who who thrive in small, highly collaborative, and energised teams, and who look at what we do and want to be part of it. Uniquely, we have a mature product in Japan but, in the global market-space, we are a start-up team with a new product vision and freedom to be innovative and explore brave ideas.
The Senior UX Designer is a lead role and will work on one of our five product streams. You’ll form a close-knit team with a Product Manager and Tech Lead to create exceptional user experiences for our new, next generation product.
The key deliverable is to create products people delight in using.
You will identify with this role if you:
- lead UX teams and can set the UX agenda;
- have essential mobile app experience;
- own or work for a product-driven company or a design agency;
- innovate and push boundaries to deliver creative UX designs that delight;
- Utilise strategic user research, detailed thought processes and critical evaluation to create compelling user interfaces;
- apply design thinking and user-centered design methods to simplify complex issues;
- use a range of techniques to gather and quickly distil information from a range of stakeholders;
- pay attention to aesthetics as well as function;
- are innovative, optimistic and flexible - key to our start-up environment where you will be be both hands and a strategic team lead;
- have a global, no-boundaries design outlook;
- can demonstrate a strong understanding of interaction design principles, standards, and concepts; and
- have a portfolio of end-to-end design products that use social timelines to encourage use and expose new content
Why work for Cookpad?
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries, an employee referral scheme and very generous benefits, including 7% employer pension contribution, income protection and life insurance, and an employee referral scheme. We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
The physical space we are creating for the Bristol team inspires us. We love having natural light and windows that open, sit-stand desks, Macs, free fruit and delicious edible gifts from visiting global team members.
Simply put - we like working here and think you will too.