Lead Product Designer
Cookpad is the largest recipe sharing community in the world and we believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook.
Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives.
Today we are helping more than 100 million people a month - as far as we’re concerned, we’ve barely got started. If you dream of making a global impact, we want to hear from you.
Design and User experience is at the heart of everything we do. Your role as a Lead Product Designer is to use your deep and rich insights and strategic thinking to help shape and deliver experiences that will see us meet the needs of the next 100-million users.
As a start-up team in the global market we are looking for people with passion, a focus on quality and the ability to boldly innovate.
Ways in which you’ll contribute will include:
- Work in close partnership with your Product and Engineering leads to deliver valuable everyday solutions for our global audience
- Have a relentless focus on our users, demonstrated by placing their needs ahead of design solutions and technology.
- Develop deep user understanding based on research and analytics data.
- Create design concepts and develop then from early stage sketches through to fully featured prototypes
- Communicate and rationalise design intent with senior stakeholders, and gather feedback throughout the design process
- Develop strong creative mobile-focused UI designs that incorporate interaction, animation, visual concepts, typography and imagery
- Demonstrate maturity, humility and consistent leadership to guide and mentor more junior members of the team
- Work with other UX Leads and the design team on delivery and collaborative processes
Your experience in leading, growing and inspiring great UX Design-led teams will allow you to identify and attract the top talent that you will in-turn help to develop further and ensure that as a team you produce incredible experiences for your users.
What we are looking for:
- A portfolio of top class work that you’ve helped deliver and that solved real world problems. You can talk in detail about examples of what you’ve shipped and what you’ve learned along every step of the way.
- A motivated self-starter that can operate effectively in a fast moving environment. Able to proactively set direction within an overall strategy and communicate that with team and direct reports
- An obsession with understanding user problems and a focus on the details so that you can conceptualise new approaches and solutions
- A pragmatic approach with the ability to listen to and learn with your team members both as individuals and in an agile development process
- Proven expertise of usability and user experience principles, and experience using a wide range of research methods to get the best insights from user research and testing
- A desire to build, lead and inspire a great team, and who is wanting to know how they can do better and improve their team even more
- The confidence and verbal/writing skills that allow you to communicate your ideas and vision, inspire the teams, and defend design decisions
Skills to be successful:
- Experience as a Head of UX, a UX-focused Founder or significant UX leadership experience at a senior level for complex mobile products and across multiple markets and cultures. Start up experience is desirable.
- Demonstrable strategic thinking that can deliver user-centric results in a mobile product environment
- Experience leading and/or mentoring designers
- Exceptional oral communication skills are essential, coupled with a first class ability to present and summarise information to diverse audiences.
Why join Cookpad?
Our mission and the scale of what we do
Cookpad was one of the most downloaded apps in 2017:
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries and benefits you’d expect from a company wanting great people, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution and an exceptional employee referral scheme, plus cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. We keep you going with fresh fruit and delicious edible gifts from visiting team members, days off for charity work and peace of mind with group income protection, life assurance and private medical insurance.
We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
Finally the physical space we are creating for the Bristol team is an amazing, innovative work environment that reflects what we value, who we are and what we do.
Bristol was named the best place to live in the UK in 2017: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39320118
And made this list too:
http://www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/smart-travel/features/the-cool-list-2018/In addition to having the opportunity to a career-defining role you will also work with respected peers and a talented technical team.
Simply put - we like working here and think you will too.