Product Lead (Business Innovation Team)
At Cookpad we are a mission-driven company:
We have a clear mission: to make everyday cooking fun because we believe that cooking is key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
- Our first product, Cookpad, is a community-based platform that enables people to share recipes and cooking tips
- We’re developing other products that will help us achieve the mission eg
- Homefarm - an app that helps people who are growing their own fruit and vegetables
- We’re creating a community of people who inspire each other
- Over 4 million recipes have been created on the platform
- And the community is global
- The platform used by on average almost 100 million people in almost 70 countries across the world every month
- But that’s less than 1% of the world’s population and we want to change the world so we’re only just getting started
- We’re a global company with offices in 10 countries
- Our HQ is in Bristol in the UK, one of the best places to live in the UK and voted one of the coolest towns in the world
- In Bristol we have over 50 people and that will grow to 100 by the end of this year; there are 11 nationalities in the team in Bristol
We are testing and developing new ideas in the food and cooking space - so new that we can’t tell you about it in a job description. We can tell you the kind of person we’re looking for.
This is not about developing an existing product; this is about creating something completely new. We need someone who can turn an idea into a Minimal Viable Product (MVP), test, iterate, and review at the fastest speed.
- Driven by the mission and by your own motivation to grow by leveraging this opportunity.
- Love the potential of a blank canvas, literally blank!, and enjoy it’s uncertainty.
- Happiest when you’re rolling your sleeves up and getting things done.
- May be a product manager, or have built your own start-up or maybe both. At bear minimum, you must be a tireless problem solver.
- Have a strong instinct and ability to identify global scale opportunities to make a significant impact, as well as commercial opportunities
- Have excellent spoken and written English and understand consumers, the culture and community in the UK. And an interest or experience in the farming and agricultural world would be a bonus.
Why join Cookpad?
People join Cookpad to be part of something bigger - to make a difference.
We offer competitive salaries and all the benefits you’d expect, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution, private medical insurance + cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. From breakfast to team lunches, from pilates to cooking lessons, from time off for voluntary work to company socials.
We believe that the space we work in is important. We’re creating a beautiful, innovative work environment that reflects our culture and values.
What happens next?
It’s important that you get to know us and that we get to know you.
Please apply using the link below. As well as your CV, we’d like to hear why you’re interested in the role and how your skills and experience will help you contribute to the team.
We will let you know if we’d like you to come in and meet some of the team. As part of the interview process we will be assessing technical capability and logical reasoning skills.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.