Senior QA Test Engineer
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will join a multi-disciplinary, talented, global team to ensure a high quality product is delivered to our end users.
Our purpose at Cookpad is to make everyday cooking fun. Not just because we like food but because we believe that cooking is key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. By solving the problems related to everyday cooking and encouraging more people to cook, we believe we can help build a better world.
We are building a team of diverse, exceptional problem-solvers from around the world. We only hire passionate, smart and innovative people who want to make a difference.
Cookpad started out in Japan and is already the largest recipe sharing community in the world with nearly 4 million recipes created by users active in 60 countries.
But we’re only just getting started.
We’ve just set up our international HQ in the UK. Here we operate as a start-up with global ambition. We work in small, collaborative teams and in a creative, fast-paced environment.
The role is based in Bristol, UK - a city on National Geographic’s Cool List 2018 http://www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/smart-travel/features/the-cool-list-2018/
What you will do
- Develop workflows, processes and tools to build in quality and accelerate product development
- Design, build and operate test/quality related activities for Android, iOS and Web products
- Analyse and optimise test related activities to fit for high quality but frequent releases
- Work closely with product managers, designers and engineers to plan, design and build test strategies for new features and product
- Proactively seek to learn new technologies and broaden your skill set in order to ruthlessly automate quality software delivery
What we are looking for
- Solid experience for exploratory testing
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies for agile software development
- Experience in test planning and analysing for native mobile and web applications
- Experience with bug and test case management tools
- Experience with leading and facilitating retrospectives
- Experience of working in a start-up environment would be highly desirable.
Why join Cookpad?
People join Cookpad to be part of something bigger - to make a difference.
We offer competitive salaries and all the benefits you’d expect, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution, private medical insurance + cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. From breakfast to team lunches, from pilates to cooking lessons, from time off for voluntary work to company socials.
We believe that the space we work in is important. We’re creating a beautiful, innovative work environment that reflects our culture and values.
What happens next?
It’s important that you get to know us and that we get to know you.
Please apply using the link below. As well as your CV, we’d like to hear why you’re interested in the role and how your skills and experience will help you contribute to the team.
We will let you know if we’d like you to come in and meet some of the team. As part of the interview process we will be assessing technical capability and logical reasoning skills.
Interviews: We usually conduct 2-3 interviews with our top developers and the Cookpad management team. We want to give you the opportunity to find out more about us, as we understand more about your own skills and motivations.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.