Senior Ruby Web Developer
Cookpad is the world’s largest recipe sharing platform where almost 100 million global users come to enjoy cooking each month in 18+ languages.
We believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook. Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier and connects us with our friends and family. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives in an environment that is more sustainable. That’s how we want to change the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Rapidly develop user-facing features, predominantly using Ruby and leveraging the Rails Framework
- Support our backend platform that serves web clients and provides REST API endpoints for mobile client apps
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Contribute in all phases of development
- Investigate and resolve performance issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies
- Review PRs from other team members to maintain quality and share knowledge
- 2+ years experience working professionally with Ruby on Rails
- Experienced in performance, debugging, and refactoring
- Comfortable with the full stack to deliver features from idea to production
- Inquisitive, motivated, and comfortable working with a distributed, multinational team
- Desire to rapidly contribute to Cookpad services and improve the lives of millions of users
The physical space we are creating for the Bristol team inspires us to do great things. We love having natural light and windows that open, sit-stand desks, Macs, free fruit and delicious, edible gifts from visiting global team members. We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries, an employee referral scheme and very generous benefits. We also assist with relocation if you want to make Bristol your new home.
Simply put - we like working here and think you will too.