Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
About Cookpad and the Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer role
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in almost 70 countries.
And we’re only just getting started.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Because we believe that cooking is the key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Our heritage is unique: Cookpad was founded in Japan in 1997 and is a listed company in Tokyo.
We set up our international HQ in the UK and here we’re a start-up, building the global platform and working with our colleagues around the world.
Joining Cookpad as a Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer is a career defining opportunity. Our Machine Learning team is growing and has already attracted high level talent in NLP and image processing. You will work at the cutting edge of engineering, building scalable infrastructure for machine learning to help bring our research to production and deliver real impact to millions of users worldwide.
It’s not for everyone. Because of our speed and growth, it can feel chaotic. It's an environment where creators and problem-solvers flourish. We challenge ourselves and each other because this is about something bigger than all of us. Expect talented, motivated and interesting colleagues.
It feels like a start-up with global ambition. We work in small, collaborative teams and in a creative, fast-paced environment.
The role is based in Bristol in the UK - one of the most exciting emerging tech hubs in Europe, a city on National Geographic’s Cool List 2018 and the best place to live in the UK.
What’s it like to work at Cookpad?
Visit www.cookpadteam.com to find out more.
As a Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer at Cookpad you will:
- Work with software engineers, site reliability engineers, and machine learning researchers to design and deliver machine learning features to the Cookpad platform
- Help to design a scalable architecture to train and serve machine learning models
- Build data pipelines to deliver data through our machine learning platform
Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer Requirements:
- 3 years industry experience in software engineering
- Solid software design principles
- Understanding of machine learning
- Experience implementing microservice architectures
- Experience with at least one common cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of message queueing and stream processing
Why join Cookpad?
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
The benefits we offer are based on how we can best support your personal and professional well-being. We offer competitive salaries and all the things you’d expect - from employer pension contribution to private medical insurance; from time off for voluntary work to a cycle to work scheme.
We do a few things you might not expect:
- Whether it’s early starts or late finishes or parent-friendly working hours, we offer flexible working hours
- Fully stocked and equipped team kitchen where we cook together
- Breakfast is provided every day
- We have weekly team lunches
- There are weekly Pilates/ yoga classes
- We provide subsidised gym membership
- There are regular company socials
- We host Lunch and Learn sessions with internal and external speakers
- We’ll cover all expenses if you’re speaking at an event
- We host a full calendar of meetups here in the office
- Teams have regular offsite ‘camps’ to learn and plan
And of course you can choose your own top-of-the-range equipment and setup.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.