Cookpad is the largest recipe sharing community in the world and we believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook.
Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives.
Today we are helping more than 100 million people a month - as far as we’re concerned, we’ve barely got started. If you dream of making a global impact, we want to hear from you.
Design and User experience is at the heart of everything we do. Your role as a Product Designer is to bring our vision to life through creating experiences that are accessible and intuitive but feel inspiring, empowering, safe and a delight to use.
We are looking for people with passion, an incredible focus on quality and the ability to boldly innovate. You care passionately about representing the users you design for, and you have a curiosity about them. You want to design not just the best thing but the right thing.
We are currently hiring in these areas:
Creators are at the heart of Cookpad. Our goal is to make it easier for them to capture and share their stories around cooking. Experience of working on a mobile service involving user generated content particularly with photography or video is of particular interest
We know that more personal experiences help our cooks to grow. That means providing inspiration around ideas but also finding the right connections within the global community who can help on that journey. Search and personalisation are themes we’re exploring here.
Cooking and food is an experience best shared with others, and those who share their passion with others find deep meaning in doing so. We want to look beyond comments to creating safe, easy to use ways to support real time communication. Experience in chat, messaging applications is desirable.
As a start-up team in the global market we are seeking people with drive, passion and a burning desire to help us deliver our mission:
Ways in which you’ll contribute will include:
- Exceptional mobile-focused UI designs that incorporate interaction, animation, visual concepts, typography and imagery.
- Consistent focus on our users, demonstrated by placing their needs ahead of design solutions and technology.
- Communicate and rationalise design intent, and gather feedback throughout the design process.
- Utilise user research data for prototyping, crafting user interfaces and interactions, validation and testing for usability.
- Create great-looking final artwork and animation when needed ready for development, across a range of screens and devices
- Work with delivery teams to implement designs to a great standard
What we are looking for:
- An outstanding creative portfolio you can share with us with a strong focus on mobile UX and UI design is essential
- In-depth knowledge of UI design patterns and trends and excellent UI and interaction design skills
- A great attention to the details of your work, and pride in the craftsmanship of your UI and interaction designs
- A solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies and UX design principles
- Proven understanding of usability and user experience principles
- Experience designing solutions for platforms using industry standard tools and best practice processes
- Excellent collaboration skills and experience of working closely with design / product and engineering teams
- Confidence and experience working in an Agile, lean environment with quick iterative release cycles.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Skills to be successful:
- Significant UI design experience, for complex mobile products and across multiple markets and cultures. Work in chat / communications is a strong preference.
- Strong oral communication skills are essential, coupled with an ability to present and summarise information to diverse audiences.
Why join Cookpad?
Our mission and the scale of what we do
Cookpad was one of the most downloaded food apps in 2017:
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries and benefits you’d expect from a company wanting great people, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution and an exceptional employee referral scheme, plus cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. We keep you going with fresh fruit and delicious edible gifts from visiting team members, days off for charity work and peace of mind with group income protection, life assurance and private medical insurance.
We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
Finally the physical space we are creating for the Bristol team is an amazing, innovative work environment that reflects what we value, who we are and what we do.
Bristol was named the best place to live in the UK in 2017: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39320118
And made this list too:
http://www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/smart-travel/features/the-cool-list-2018/In addition to having the opportunity to a career-defining role you will also work with respected peers and a talented technical team.