Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in almost 70 countries.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Because we believe that cooking is the key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Our heritage is unique: Cookpad was founded in Japan in 1997 and is a listed company in Tokyo.Our international HQ is in the UK and here we’re a start up, building the global platform with colleagues from around the world.
What’s it like to work at Cookpad? Visit www.cookpadteam.com to find out more.
Design and User experience is at the heart of everything we do.
Your role as UI Designer is to bring our vision to life through creating experiences that are accessible and intuitive but feel inspiring, empowering and a delight to use.
We are looking for people with passion, an incredible focus on quality and the ability to boldly innovate. You care passionately about representing the users you design for, and you have a curiosity about them. You want to design not just the best thing but the right thing.
Ways in which you’ll contribute will include:
- Exceptional mobile-focused UI designs that incorporate interaction, animation, visual concepts, typography and imagery.
- Consistent focus on our users, demonstrated by placing their needs ahead of design solutions and technology.
- Communicate and rationalise design intent, and gather feedback throughout the design process.
- Utilise user research data for prototyping, crafting user interfaces and interactions, validation and testing for usability.
- Create great-looking final artwork and animation across a range of screens and devices
- Work with delivery teams to implement your designs to a great standard
What we are looking for:
- An outstanding creative portfolio you can share with us with a strong focus on mobile UI design is essential
- Proven understanding of usability and user experience principles
- In-depth knowledge of UI design patterns and latest changes in industry standards across key platforms
- A great attention to the details of your work, and pride in the craftsmanship of your UI and interaction designs
- Ability and confidence to present and defend your design decisions. These should be based on sound principles rather than opinion.
- Excellent collaboration skills and experience of working closely with design / product and engineering teams in an agile environment with quick iterative release cycles.
- Strong oral communication skills are essential, coupled with an ability to present and summarise information to diverse audiences.
- Experience of working on a communication, UGC or video platform is desirable.
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
The benefits we offer are based on how we can best support your personal and professional well-being. We offer competitive salaries and all the things you’d expect - from employer pension contribution to private medical insurance; from time off for voluntary work to a cycle to work scheme.
We do a few things you might not expect:
- Whether it’s early starts or late finishes or parent-friendly working hours, we offer flexible working hours
- Breakfast is provided every day
- We have weekly team lunches
- There are weekly Pilates/ yoga classes
- We provide subsidised gym membership
- There are regular company socials
- We’ll cover all expenses if you’re speaking at an event
- We host a full calendar of meetups here in the office
- Teams have regular offsite ‘camps’ to learn and plan
And of course you can choose your own top-of-the-range equipment and setup.
We also have a fully stocked and fully equipped team kitchen where we can cook together.
What happens next?
We’re building a global product with a global team that’s full of world-class talent. Our hiring process is designed to let your talent shine and for us to get to know each other so we know we’re the right fit.
- When we receive your application, it’s reviewed by one of your peers to see if your experience and skills are a match for what we’re looking for in the role. If they are, one of our Talent team will get in touch for a chat.
- You'll also get to meet the team: mainly your team but also people from other teams, including the leadership team. We will to complete the matching process with respect for your time,
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.