Senior Test Automation Engineer
Cookpad is the world’s largest recipe sharing platform, where over 100 million global users come to enjoy cooking each month in 18+ languages.
We believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook. Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier and connects us with our friends and family. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives in an environment that is more sustainable. That’s how we want to change the world.
People join us because they share our vision to improve people’s lives. We hire smart people who who thrive in small, highly collaborative, energised teams, and who look at what we do and want to be part of it. Uniquely, we have a mature product in Japan but, in the global market-space, we are a start-up team with a new product vision so there is freedom to be innovative and put forward brave ideas. Design and user experience is at the heart of everything we do.
Today we are helping many millions of people a month and as far as we’re concerned, we’ve barely got started. If you want to work on a product making a global impact then we want to hear from you.
What you'll do
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer, you will join a multi-disciplinary, talented, global team to ensure a high quality product is delivered to our end users.
- Develop workflows, processes and tools to build in quality and accelerate product development
- Design, build and operate test environments and tools for manual and automated testing for Android, iOS and Web systems
- Minimise the amount of manual testing required for high quality releases
- Work closely with product managers, designers and engineers to plan, design and build test strategies for new features and product
- Proactively seek to learn new technologies and broaden your skill set in order to ruthlessly automate quality software delivery
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies for agile software development
- Experience in test planning and design of manual and automated tests for both mobile and web applications
- Extensive knowledge and experience with test automation tools such as Espresso, UIAutomator 2, XCTest, EarlGrey, Appium
- The ability to dive into application code in the technologies that power our applications: Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift, Ruby, Python etc
- Proficiency in a scripting language, e.g. Ruby
- Experienced in building infrastructure for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, such as Jenkins, OpenSTF
- Experience with bug and test case management tools
Why join the Cookpad team?
Our mission and the scale of what we do
The Cookpad App was one of the most downloaded Apps in 2017
Bristol was named the best place to live in the UK in 2017: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39320118
And made this list too:
What the team think
Valuing our team
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries and benefits you’d expect from a company wanting great people, including relocation support, generous employer pension contributions and an exceptional employee referral scheme, plus cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. We keep the team healthy with with fresh fruit and delicious edible gifts from visiting team members, offer days off for charity work, and peace of mind with group income protection, life assurance and private medical insurance.
We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
Finally the physical space we are creating at our global offices in Bristol is an amazing, innovative work environment that reflects what we value, who we are and what we do.
Simply put - we like working here and think you will too.
Our hiring process
At Cookpad we have designed a hiring process that allows your talent to shine:
Screening: Your application and resume will be screened by one of our technical review teams. It helps if we can also view sample code via a Github, Stackoverflow, or BitBucket profile.
Technical assignment: If your experience and skills are a match, you may be asked to undertake a technical assignment or, depending on the role, provide sample code.
Interviews: We usually conduct 2-3 interviews with our tech leads and the Cookpad management team . We want to give you the opportunity to find out more about us, as we understand more about your own skills and motivations.