Senior IT Support Engineer
Our purpose at Cookpad is to make everyday cooking fun. Not just because we like food but because we believe that cooking is key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. By solving the problems related to everyday cooking and encouraging more people to cook, we believe we can help build a better world.
Cookpad started in Japan and is already the largest recipe sharing community in the world with over 5 million recipes created by users active in 70+ countries.
But we’re only just getting started.
We’ve set up our international HQ in the UK. Here we operate as a start-up with global ambition. We work in small, collaborative teams and in a creative, fast-paced environment. We are building a team of diverse, exceptional problem-solvers from around the world. We only hire passionate, smart and innovative people who want to make a difference.
As an experienced and senior IT Support Engineer based in Cookpad's Bristol HQ you will be responsible for all aspects of IT from typical support requests from on-site and remote team members and offices, internal networking, wifi, printers and our 14 video zoom rooms.
Having a strong technical background we will also expect you to help direct IT strategy with senior management and have a friendly, creative and efficient work ethic.
Please note that only candidates with the right to work in the UK will be considered for this role.
Key activities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and grow existing network and security infrastructure, on-site and cloud based
- Support staff with all IT related issues and requests in person and remote
- Ensure our internet connectivity and network is performing optimally at all times
- Manage Zoom video conference rooms, ensuring audio and visual quality
- Manage existing IT inventory and provision for new employees
- Manage Sonos, event projector and audio system
- Work with external suppliers for IT hardware/software/support as needed
- Take leadership on risk management
- An expert individual problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Strong, demonstrable, foundation in IT hardware, software and networks.
- Confidence to diagnose and troubleshoot issues individually with little/no support and find ways to solve problems
- Strong OSX and Windows general troubleshooting/upgrades
- Networking/firewalls/routers and VPNs
- Experience managing GSuite products
- Azure ActiveDirectory/SSO
- Awareness of Information Security best practices
Cisco CCNA or equivalent certification is desirable.
Why join Cookpad?
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
The benefits we offer are based on how we can best support your personal and professional well-being. We offer competitive salaries and all the things you’d expect - from employer pension contribution to private medical insurance; from time off for voluntary work to a cycle to work scheme.
We do a few things you might not expect:
- Breakfast is provided every day
- We have a fully stocked and fully equipped team kitchen where we can cook together
- There are weekly pilates/ yoga classes
- We provide subsidised gym membership
- There are regular company socials and one off events with colleagues
- We’ll cover all expenses if you’re speaking at an event
- We host a full calendar of meetups here in the office
What happens next?
It’s important that you get to know us and that we get to know you.
Please apply using the link below. As well as your CV, we’d like to hear why you’re interested in the role and how your skills and experience will help you contribute to the team.
We will let you know if we’d like you to come in and meet some of the team. As you would expect for an IT support role the interview process will include technical problem solving tasks.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.