UX Researcher - 3 Month Contract
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in almost 70 countries. And we’re only just getting started.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Because we believe that cooking is the key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Our heritage is unique: Cookpad was founded in Japan in 1997 and is a listed company in Tokyo.
We set up our international HQ in Bristol, UK and here we’re a start-up, building the global platform and working with our colleagues around the world.
Cookpad is growing at speed and we’re looking for exceptional people who make things happen. It takes a certain mix of creativity, and ingenuity to create solutions on the scale we're looking for.
It’s not for everyone. Because of our speed and growth, it can feel chaotic. It's an environment where creators and problem-solvers flourish. We challenge ourselves and each other because this is about something bigger than all of us. Expect talented, motivated and interesting colleagues.
It feels like a start-up with global ambition. We work in small, collaborative teams and in a creative, fast-paced environment.
The UX Researcher Role
This is a 3 month contract role for a UX Researcher in Jakarta to support the UX insight / research team in the UK.
Whilst this is a client side role, the insight team are very hands on and therefore having vast agency experience is appreciated. As a hands-on practitioner, you’ll be happy to rapidly research and test new product features in Jakarta that help teams located in the UK make informed product decisions. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment and enjoy designing effective research projects and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations and will have a passion for building a culture which puts the voice of the user at the heart of everything we do.
What we expect from you
As a start-up team in the global market we like people with drive, desire and the know-how to get one step ahead of the need.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in UX insight / research, ideally on mobile products and within Indonesia, but preferably also across multiple markets, including:
- Excellent understanding of qualitative user research methodologies - especially face to face interviews and telephone / remote interviews
- Be an excellent, experienced, and passionate interviewer and ethnographer. Experience with more innovative methodologies and approaches strongly preferred
- Solid grounding in quantitative methods
- Demonstrated practice of interviewing techniques, analysis and debriefing as this individual will kick off and co-own the Weekly Testing Programme in Jakarta:
- Working with the different product teams to establish and conduct weekly user interviews every week in our Jakarta office
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting up the Weekly Testing Programme
- Conducting two days of face to face interviews a week
- Liaising with insight / research team in UK and product teams in the UK to ascertain weekly objectives
- Developing discussion guides
- Collaborate with local team to assist with recruitment of Cookpad users for interviews
- Conducting interviews
- Debriefing findings back to the UK
- Conducting surveys and ad hoc testing to support both the Global UK team, the UK team dedicated to Indonesia and the local Indonesian team
- Setting up the Weekly Testing Programme
- Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up, recruiting, familiarity working with an expanded team.
- Ability to undertake tasks such as:
- Quickly synthesise user data and research into usable and actionable recommendations for product / design and engineering teams.
- Succinctly and visually represent key insights, familiarity with the creation of frameworks and an experienced synthesiser of data a must
- Excellent collaboration skills and experience of working closely with design / product and engineering teams
- Experience working with teams located in different countries
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work in teams.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.