Product Manager - Search
Cookpad is the largest recipe sharing community in the world and we believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook.
Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives.
Today we are helping more than 100 million people a month and as far as we’re concerned we’ve barely got started. If you dream of making a global impact, we want to hear from you.
Reporting into the Head of Product, Discovery, the Product Manager for Search will be responsible for a key experience within the Cookpad global product used and enjoyed by millions of people around the world.
- Engage and collaborate with a range of colleagues across UX, Engineering, and Community Management.
- Provide leadership and successful management of all experiences involving content and people search across Cookpad properties on web and apps.
- Build a deep understanding of the needs of a global audience and create a high quality search experiences.
- Establish metrics and measurement processes to assess the quality and value of search discovery including leading the design and development of automated reporting solutions to support more effective decisions.
- Benchmark Cookpad search experience against others.
- Own the strategy for Cookpad search and identify both near term improvements and long term direction
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience building search experiences in a user facing digital product environment
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product ideas
- Comfortable using common analytics to measure impact and success
- Strong knowledge of search and discovery techniques with solid understanding of information architecture requirements
- Influencing skills, applied across business, engineering and design teams
- Proven success working within an Agile development team
- Great insight to define core problems and creative thinking to find solutions
- Experience with A/B testing methodologies and machine learning a plus
In addition to a career-defining opportunity you will also work with respected peers and a talented technical team.
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries, relocation assistance and benefits you’d expect from a company wanting great people, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution and an exceptional employee referral scheme, plus cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. We keep you going with fresh fruit, lunch days, and delicious edible gifts from visiting team members, days off for charity work and peace of mind with group income protection, life assurance and private medical insurance.
We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
Finally the physical space we are creating for the Bristol team is an amazing, innovative work environment that reflects what we value, who we are and what we do.
Why work for Cookpad?
Our mission and the scale of what we do - people join us because they share our vision to improve people’s lives.
The Cookpad App was one of the most downloaded Apps in 2017
Bristol was named the best place to live in the UK in 2017: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39320118
And made this list too: http://www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/smart-travel/features/the-cool-list-2018/
Tech blog: https://sourcediving.com