Product Manager - Search
Our purpose at Cookpad is to make everyday cooking fun. Not just because we like food but because we believe that cooking is key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. By solving the problems related to everyday cooking and encouraging more people to cook, we believe we can help build a better world.
We are building a team of diverse, exceptional problem-solvers from around the world. We only hire passionate, smart and innovative people who want to make a difference.
Cookpad started out in Japan and is already the largest recipe sharing community in the world with nearly 4 million recipes created by users active in 60 countries.
But we’re only just getting started.
We’ve just set up our international HQ in the UK. Here we operate as a start-up with global ambition. We work in small, collaborative teams and in a creative, fast-paced environment.
Cookpad is based in Bristol, UK - a city on National Geographic’s Cool List 2018 http://www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/smart-travel/features/the-cool-list-2018/ and the best place to live in the UK according to the Sunday Times Best Places to Live Guide 2017 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39320118
Reporting into the Head of Product, Discovery, the Product Manager for Search will be responsible for a key experience within the Cookpad global product used and enjoyed by millions of people around the world.
What you will do:
- Engage and collaborate with a range of colleagues across UX, Engineering, and Community Management.
- Provide leadership and successful management of all experiences involving content and people search across Cookpad properties on web and apps.
- Build a deep understanding of the needs of a global audience and create a high quality search experiences.
- Establish metrics and measurement processes to assess the quality and value of search discovery including leading the design and development of automated reporting solutions to support more effective decisions.
- Benchmark Cookpad search experience against others.
- Own the strategy for Cookpad search and identify both near term improvements and long term direction
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience building search experiences in a user facing digital product environment
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product ideas
- Comfortable using common analytics to measure impact and success
- Strong knowledge of search and discovery techniques with solid understanding of information architecture requirements
- Influencing skills, applied across business, engineering and design teams
- Proven success working within an Agile development team
- Great insight to define core problems and creative thinking to find solutions
- Experience with A/B testing methodologies and machine learning a plus
Why join Cookpad?
People join Cookpad to be part of something bigger - to make a difference.
We offer competitive salaries and all the benefits you’d expect, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution, private medical insurance + cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes.
We also do a few things you might not expect. From breakfast to team lunches, from pilates to cooking lessons, from time off for voluntary work to company socials.
We believe that the space we work in is important. We’re creating a beautiful, innovative work environment that reflects our culture and values.
What happens next?
It’s important that you get to know us and that we get to know you.
Please apply using the link below. As well as your CV, we’d like to hear why you’re interested in the role and how your skills and experience will help you contribute to the team.
We will let you know if we’d like you to come in and meet some of the team. As part of the interview process we will be assessing technical capability and logical reasoning skills.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.