C2C Operations Manager - Jakarta
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world.
As Operations Manager for Cookpad Indonesia, your role will be to manage the daily execution of our C2C project in Indonesia by organizing and synchronising the activities of multiple work-streams, and enable the team to constantly deliver on the project’s goals.
This is a permanent role based in Jakarta, with some potential domestic travels in Indonesia. The successful candidate will need to speak fluent Bahasa and English.
More about Cookpad
Cookpad's mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Not just because we like food but because we believe that cooking is key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet. Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier, connects us with our friends and family, and makes our environment more sustainable. By solving the problems related to everyday cooking and encouraging more people to cook, we believe we can help build a better world.
Cookpad started out in Japan in 1997 and is currently the largest recipe sharing community in the world with over 5 million recipes created by active users in 72 countries with 20 different languages. Cookpad Indonesia was established in 2014 and now is the Number 1 online platform for cooking lovers in Indonesia with about 10 millions of monthly active users.
Indonesia is one of the most mobile-first countries in the world and Cookpad is looking for a local Operations Manager to work on an exciting, early-stage C2C project. As Operations Manager, your role will be to manage the daily execution of our C2C project by organizing and synchronising the activities of multiple work-streams, and enable the team to constantly deliver on the project’s goals.
As a lean start-up team in the global market, we are looking for people with passion, a focus on quality, the ability to boldly innovate, and agility.
Ways in which you’ll contribute will include:
- Coordinate activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements
- Proactively plan, implement, manage and review day-to-day operations to make sure that goals are being met in a timely manner, without compromising quality
- Spot conflicts and obstacles early on and solve them quickly to ensure smooth target delivery
- Define a set of key metrics including production standards and monitor the project’s output against them so that the team can constantly strive for improvement
- Work in close relationship with both the local and the global team members to deliver valuable solutions for our C2C platform’s users
- Develop deep user understanding based on field research and analytics data
- Build and maintain relationships with many external stakeholders including our users, to support the growth of the project
- Demonstrate maturity, humility and consistent leadership to guide and mentor more junior members of the team
- Actively lead the growth and success of the local team, with support from the global business leads
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2-3 year experience in operations management roles
- Hands-on experience working in a start-up environment and/or new business development
- Excellent knowledge in the C2C business space
- Superb communication skills to effectively engage and influence teams and business partners
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion to solve problems in areas of cooking, food, lifestyle, and women’s economic empowerment
- Fluent Bahasa and English
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
The benefits we offer are based on how we can best support your personal and professional well-being. Including competitive salaries.
What Happens Next?
We’re building a C2C platform with a global team that’s full of world-class talent. Our hiring process is designed to let your talent shine and for us to get to know each other so we know we’re the right fit.
- When we receive your application, it’s reviewed by our team members to see if your experience and skills are a match for what we’re looking for in the role. If they are, we will get in touch with you for an initial discussion.
- Based on the initial discussion, you will be invited to speak with a few more Cookpad team members for further assessment.
- The final step is to meet the team in person: mainly your team but also people from other teams, including the leadership team. We respect your time so this can happen all in one day or over a couple of visits.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.