Senior Android Engineer
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in almost 70 countries.
And we’re only just getting started.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Because we believe that cooking is the key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
The choices we make shape our world.
And when we cook, the choices we make have an impact on ourselves, the people we cook for, the growers and producers we buy from and the wider environment.
Cookpad is growing at speed and we’re looking for exceptional people who make things happen. It takes a certain mix of creativity to create solutions on the scale we're looking for.
It’s not for everyone. Because of our speed and growth, it can feel chaotic. It's an environment where creators and problem-solvers flourish. We challenge ourselves and each other because this is about something bigger than all of us. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting colleagues.
What’s it like to work at Cookpad?
Visit www.cookpadteam.com to find out more.
Our team of international engineers, collaborate, experiment and put forward innovative ideas. As a senior Android Engineer you will:
- Develop Cookpad’s global application in collaboration with the international team
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, testing, and release
- Design and implement new user-facing features
- Investigate and resolve performance issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies
- Write clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping
- Contribute to the open-source community
What you can bring to Cookpad:
- Extensive experience of Android development
- Affinity for user-driven product development
- Ability to recognize and implement modern product design
- Understanding of lean development principles
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experienced in using development framework for Android. We use: Kotlin, MVP, Rx
- Experience developing and releasing apps into Google Play
- Understanding of CS principles and concepts: process, memory management, multi-threading, data structure & algorithms
- Be an outstanding team player and contributor
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
The benefits we offer are based on how we can best support your personal and professional well-being. We offer competitive salaries and all the things you’d expect - from employer pension contribution to private medical insurance; from time off for voluntary work to a cycle to work scheme.
We do a few things you might not expect:
- Whether it’s early starts or late finishes or parent-friendly working hours, we offer flexible working hours
- Breakfast is provided every day
- We have weekly team lunches
- There are weekly Pilates/ yoga classes
- We provide subsidised gym membership
- There are regular company socials
- We’ll cover all expenses if you’re speaking at an event
- We host a full calendar of meetups here in the office
- Teams have regular offsite ‘camps’ to learn and plan
And of course you can choose your own top-of-the-range equipment and setup.
In a few months, we’ll have a fully stocked and fully equipped team kitchen where we can cook together.
What happens next?
We’re building a global product with a global team that’s full of world-class talent. Our hiring process is designed to let your talent shine and for us to get to know each other so we know we’re the right fit.
- When we receive your application, it’s reviewed by one of your peers to see if your experience and skills are a match for what we’re looking for in the role. If they are, one of our Talent team will get in touch for a chat. If you’re a developer, it’s great to see some of your sample code via a Github, Stackoverflow, or BitBucket profile.
- For most roles we’ll then ask you to complete a tech assignment or task.
- The final step is to meet the team: mainly your team but also people from other teams, including the leadership team. We respect your time so this can happen all in one day or over a couple of visits.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.