Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in almost 70 countries.
And we’re only just getting started.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Because we believe that cooking is the key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Our heritage is unique: Cookpad was founded in Japan in 1997 and is a listed company in Tokyo.
We set up our international HQ in the UK and here we’re a start-up, building the global platform and working with our colleagues around the world.
Cookpad is growing at speed and we need exceptional people who make things happen. It takes a certain mix of creativity, ingenuity and crazy to create solutions on the scale we're looking for.
It’s not for everyone. Because of our speed and growth, it can feel chaotic. It's an environment where creators and problem-solvers flourish. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting colleagues.
It feels like a start-up with global ambition.
The role is based in Bristol in the UK - one of the most exciting emerging tech hubs in Europe, a city on National Geographic’s Cool List 2018 and the best place to live in the UK.
What’s it like to work at Cookpad? Visit www.cookpadteam.com to find out more.
How we got started.
Cookpad’s product vision is focused on creating a more collaborative and rewarding environment for our community. Design and user experience is at the heart of everything we do and we are moving at speed in order to meet team goals.
As a visual designer your role will be to support mobile product development by creating simple, modern, intuitive user interfaces that delight Cookpad’s global audience.
What we expect from you
- A portfolio that showcases creative mobile UI / visual design skills
- Examples of your involvement in delivering great mobile experiences
- Strong creative mobile-focused UI designs that incorporate interaction, animation, visual concepts, typography and imagery
- Sharing work with the UX team using Sketch and prototyping tools such as Invision, Marvel or similar.
- Experience working in small, collaborative teams and in a creative, fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate great design work that we can test quickly with our user communities
- An energetic self starter with a restless appetite to find and deliver real value - all the time.
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
The benefits we offer are based on how we can best support your personal and professional well-being. We offer competitive salaries and all the things you’d expect - from employer pension contribution to private medical insurance; from time off for voluntary work to a cycle to work scheme.
We do a few things you might not expect:
- Whether it’s early starts or late finishes or parent-friendly working hours, we offer flexible working hours
- Breakfast is provided every day
- We have weekly team lunches
- There are weekly Pilates/ yoga classes
- We provide subsidised gym membership
- There are regular company socials
- We host Lunch and Learn sessions with internal and external speakers
- We’ll cover all expenses if you’re speaking at an event
- We host a full calendar of meetups here in the office
- Teams have regular offsite ‘camps’ to learn and plan
And of course you can choose your own top-of-the-range equipment and setup.
Soon we’ll also have a fully stocked and fully equipped team kitchen where we can cook together.
What happens next?
Please apply using the link below. As well as your CV, we’d like to see a portfolio of your work and hear about a mobile design project that you are particularly proud of. We will let you know if we’d like you to come in and meet some of the team.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.