Senior iOS Engineer
Cookpad is the world’s largest recipe sharing platform where almost 100 million global users come to enjoy cooking each month in 18+ languages.
We believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook. Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier and connects us with our friends and family. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives in an environment that is more sustainable. That’s how we want to change the world.
People join us because they share our vision to improve people’s lives. We hire smart people who who thrive in small, highly collaborative, and energised teams, and who look at what we do and want to be part of it. Uniquely, we have a mature product in Japan but, in the global market-space, we are a start-up team with a new product vision so there is freedom to be innovative and put forward brave ideas.
As an iOS Engineer you will:
- Develop Cookpad’s global application in collaboration with the international team
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, testing, and release
- Design and implement new user-facing features
- Investigate and resolve performance issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies
- Write clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping
- Extensive work experience in iOS development
- Proficiency with Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa
- Deep insights and experience working directly with users
- Ability to communicate with multinational members in English
- Understanding of CS principles and concepts: MVC, OOP, memory management, threading, data structure & algorithms
- Experience working with RESTful server-side APIs
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of optimization techniques
- Experience developing and releasing apps into App Store
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience using Git and Github
- Experience building adaptive UIs for iPhone/iPad with Auto Layout
- Familiar with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines
The physical space we are creating for the Bristol team inspires us to do great things. We love having natural light and windows that open, sit-stand desks, Macs, free fruit and delicious, edible gifts from visiting global team members. We are central to transport hubs and bike routes which helps with flexible working and all-important downtime with family and friends.
Valuing our team means we offer competitive salaries, an employee referral scheme and very generous benefits including 7% employer pension contribution, life insurance and income protection. We also assist with relocation if you want to make Bristol your new home.
Simply put - we like working here and think you will too.