Lead Product Manager
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in almost 70 countries.
And we’re only just getting started.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. Because we believe that cooking is the key to a happier and healthier life for people, communities and the planet.
Our heritage is unique: Cookpad was founded in Japan in 1997 and is a listed company in Tokyo. We set up our international HQ in the UK and here we’re a start-up, building the global platform and working with our colleagues around the world.
Cookpad is growing at speed and we’re looking for exceptional people who make things happen. It takes a mix of creativity and ingenuity to create solutions on the scale we're looking for.
It’s not for everyone. Because of our speed and growth, it can feel chaotic. It's an environment where creators and problem-solvers flourish. We challenge ourselves and each other because this is about something bigger than all of us. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting colleagues.
It feels like a start-up with global ambition. We work in small, collaborative teams and in a creative, fast-paced environment.
The role is based in Bristol in the UK - one of the most exciting emerging tech hubs in Europe, a city on National Geographic’s Cool List 2018 and the best place to live in the UK.
What’s it like to work at Cookpad? Visit www.cookpadteam.com to find out more.
How we got started.
Cookpad’s product vision is focused on creating a more collaborative and rewarding environment for our community.
Reporting to the Director of Product, you’ll have shared ownership of the holistic product view. The challenges we are working to solve are large. You will be expected to use an insight driven approach to prioritise what it important and ensure we focus on the right things. We also want to move fast and you will need to ensure we are frequently testing and gathering feedback.
You will be responsible for leading a key strategic work stream, creating and delivering world class experiences that will be used and enjoyed by millions of people around the world.
This is a hands on product management role, not a management role. Every day you will working within your team of design and engineering colleagues deciding what to test / build to meet your team's goals. You will be responsible for leading and prioritizing more than one project at once , balancing short term needs with ideal processes.
So rather than top-down decision-making you will need the skills to develop a coherent vision to inspire, engage and harness the talent of a range of brilliant people across UX, engineering, community management and partnerships, all of whom are deeply committed to our mission.
What we expect from you
We are specifically looking for candidates who are currently hands on leading mobile app product teams:
- You’ll obsess about getting world class product ideas into the hands of the user.
- You’ll understand modern product planning and human-centric design concepts.
- You have a product culture that includes continuous and rapid testing and learning.
- Mobile product development - native apps, ideally with search , video, chart/messaging
- You can contribute effectively as part of an organisation of our size - this means you still value the hands-on contributor role.
- You’ve probably made mistakes before in order to learn, but you learn quickly and then mitigate risk.
- You inspire and motivate a team of peers- you’ll work collaboratively with leaders from design and engineering.
- A proven ability to solve complex and detailed problems using an analytical and data driven approach.
- An energetic self starter with a restless appetite to find and deliver real value - all the time.
- A stand out edge that can accelerate our knowledge and abilities in key areas
- High standards across analytics, insights and rapid prototyping and testing.
- Ideally experience working in a start-up or early phase project
Why join Cookpad?
Ask everyone who works at Cookpad what we love about working here and the answer is: being part of the mission and our colleagues. Expect to work with people who are passionate about and committed to the mission: we challenge ourselves and each other to do the best work we can.
The benefits we offer are based on how we can best support your personal and professional well-being. We offer competitive salaries and all the things you’d expect - from employer pension contribution to private medical insurance; from time off for voluntary work to a cycle to work scheme.
We do a few things you might not expect:
- Whether it’s early starts or late finishes or parent-friendly working hours, we offer flexible working hours
- Breakfast is provided every day
- We have a fully stocked and fully equipped team kitchen where we can cook together.
- There are weekly Pilates/ yoga classes
- We provide subsidised gym membership
- There are regular company socials
- We host Lunch and Learn sessions with internal and external speakers
- We’ll cover all expenses if you’re speaking at an event
- We host a full calendar of meetups here in the office
- Teams have regular offsite ‘camps’ to learn and plan
And of course you can choose your own top-of-the-range equipment and setup.
We also have a fully stocked and fully equipped team kitchen where we can cook together.
What happens next?
It’s important that you get to know us and that we get to know you.
Please apply using the link below. As well as your CV, we’d like to hear why you’re interested in the role and about a product that you are particularly proud of. You will be able to clearly the defne the problem you were trying to solve, the audience / customer outcome and how you measured success.
We will let you know if we’d like you to come in and meet some of the team.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.